APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: swapping two shots

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: swapping two shots
on Mar 11, 2015 at 2:44:22 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Someone that hasn't even so much as seen or used THE DEMO of an app but still vehemently insists on "participating" in a forum for said app, can clearly only be defined as one thing."

This forum is not "for" FCPX, it for the discussion around it. Read the name of the forum, I'm the "or not."

[Robin S. Kurz] "Especially if you're (all of a sudden) graciously allowing us those "individual workflows and preferences", in which case I have no idea what the point of the whole argument even is"

There is no "all of a sudden" -- the following quote is from my very first at the top of the thread:

"If the way you organize your work leads to a Yes to that question, then FCPX is clearly for you. However the opposite holds true as well. There is no free lunch and choice of NLE is based on individual workflow."

As to not having any idea of the point of this argument, well you've got me there.

[Robin S. Kurz] " One night argue that that (color coding roles) could be a nice enhancement, but it's kinda hard to "lose" or "trade-off" something that one never even had (even elsewhere) to begin with, don't you think? I do."

While it's true that no other NLE has color coded roles, that's because no other NLE needs color coded roles because they inherently have the tracked structure that color coded roles seeks to emulate. So yes, that visual structure is lost when going to FCPX and ALL tracked NLE's have it.

The fact that you don't miss it because it had no value to you does not mean there is no loss, it merely explains one of the reasons that FCPX is right for you. I never use dynamic trimming, so using FCP7 was not a problem for me, even though if I were an editor coming from Avid I might see it as a great loss. And in analyzing the two NLEs I would acknowledge that it was a deficiency in the software comparatively speaking even though I didn't use that feature.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]