APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: swapping two shots

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: swapping two shots
on Mar 4, 2015 at 3:55:17 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Mar 4, 2015 at 3:55:59 pm

[Herb Sevush] "So apparently X is now capable of filtering, tagging, and assigning roles automatically"

Erm... yeah. I guess you DID miss that update. They're called Folders and Finder Tags. Or even EVENT filter settings, which require zero changes or additional input to work accordingly.

[Herb Sevush] "Or did you mean that once you spent the time necessary on the front end things went smoothly."

You mean, as you said, as with any other NLE? Yeah. That is... at least to a point. Only that once IN the X I have many more additional options than elsewhere. And even various previous work I do in the Finder is completely ignored by any other NLE, such as the aforementioned Finder Tags. But again, you're clearly missing information and correlating knowledge. No biggie.

[Herb Sevush] "[Robin S. Kurz] "Exponentially shorter than with any other NLE I have ever used"

Even you can't possibly expect anyone to take that statement seriously"

The speed? Certainly no one that has little to no experience actually working with X, no.

But of course you would take the "all" literally. Have I ever edited on Movie Maker. No, you're right, I haven't. Mea culpa. I was talking about those on the Mac for one, and also any that are "relevant" or were considered to be at some point. I'll let you figure out which those could be. So yeah, wow, you totally got me.

[Herb Sevush] "How is it faster to know what's on a trackless track where you have to highlight individual roles or look at index's then it is to know what's on a timeline"

Huh? I don't in fact give a hoot which role any audio has until maybe EXPORT. And there's actually more info to go on, if needed, than just waveforms btw. In case you missed that, too. :-D

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]