APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: swapping two shots

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: swapping two shots
on Mar 4, 2015 at 3:28:34 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Only, thanks to things such as elaborate filtering, tagging, a timeline index etc. etc. etc., those moments are extremely short lived."

So apparently X is now capable of filtering, tagging, and assigning roles automatically, taking no time whatsoever. I must have missed that update. Or did you mean that once you spent the time necessary on the front end things went smoothly. But of course that's time that need not be spent at all on other systems, so maybe the speed you talk of isn't as speedy as it sounds.

[Robin S. Kurz] "Exponentially shorter than with any other NLE I have ever used. And yes, I've used them all at some point or another during the last 20+ years, thank you."

Even you can't possibly expect anyone to take that statement seriously, can you. I doubt you could name 20 of the fifty or so NLEs of the past 20+ years let alone have used them. But lets assume you meant to say you have used many of the major NLEs of the past 20 years. How is it faster to know what's on a trackless track where you have to highlight individual roles or look at index's then it is to know what's on a timeline with dedicated tracks where you know what something is merely by it's position?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]