APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: swapping two shots

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: swapping two shots
on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:41:41 pm

Gaps. You could also copy, then ripple delete key, then paste insert. In any app it's going to require a bit of surgery unless you just happen to have the perfect situation. For example in X, connected clips makes for a great little video clip. But it can also be part of the problem. Clips are always connected. Whether they have anything to do with what's in the primary or not. So you only have the choice to move connected clips or hold tilde and ignore connections. But what if I want the broll to come with, but not the sfx and graphics? The sfx and graphics might be then end of a section segueing into the next section. But the VO and broll might need to be rearranged together. This happens every day to me in corporate stuff. So you're back to the old school days of selecting just the parts you want to move and doing a copy paste insert dance.

But, as Robyn pointed out, in either case I'd say the best part of the magnetic timeline is the elimination of clip collisions. For me, doing a lot of layering, it's more important vertically. I can move layers up and down without inserting tracks or worrying about accidentally deleting or eroding part of, a clip.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]