APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Since when was the law written you had to upgrade to the latest?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Since when was the law written you had to upgrade to the latest?
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:15:31 pm

Well, turns out I'll have to wait on a source/record monitor. And in some cases I miss it. I'm quickly getting used to the single monitor though. But I was using Motion a lot, and other apps which only have a single player... so it's not that foreign to me. Still, there are times a simple look at source/record makes an edit decision quick. There are those "audition clips"

Hey, FCP X has promise I think. Is it ready for all? Nope, but I expected this - noting it in the OP of this thread. Did Apple KILL these features? NOPE they just haven't written the code yet for them. They can't use any code much from FCP 7. Different computer language for starters... So they've "dumped" nothing. Other than the ability to open legacy project files. That they say, they couldn't do.

They are just starting over here folks. LIke it or buy something else... don't belly ache about how they've "screwed" you. They didn't, and now that FCP 7 will definitely run in Lion, there's no compelling need to dump FCP 7 today don't think, I'll bet that the next gen Mac Pro's work with it too. Sure runs on my i7 MBP.

I think the best thing to do is sit tight, buy the 1.0 version of FCP X just to see some of the future, use it where you can, or learn Avid, Adobe or whatever. This product that is attempting to change the way we work for the better. Gotta say, it's easier to learn than FCP 7. It's cues from iMovie are OK by me. (after all same fellow oversaw iMovie 11 as well as Premiere, and FCP 1.) are useful IMHO. But in no way is this iMovie Pro, and it's not written on that code base. It's all new.

Jerry

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]