APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Graphics Card Upgrade for 2008 Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Stone
Re: Graphics Card Upgrade for 2008 Mac Pro
on Jun 30, 2011 at 6:09:53 am

Thanks for that Chris. Brings a lot of clarity to the matter of GPU utilization. I was only vaguely informed on CUDA. This clears it up.

At this point if I am going to get yet another video card it will be in a new machine. It will probably be a PC though and not so much out of spite from the events of this past week but a realization that came about from reassessing my workflow a few days ago. I quickly realized that all my apps with exception of Logic work well in a PC environment. Some in fact work a lot better on a PC.

I still have to think this through but I will need to upgrade my machine relatively soon and of course there will be costs associated with shifting software licensing. I will also be watching closely how the industry responds to what appears to be a tectonic shift in video post production workflow if Premiere and AVID became accepted editing environments going forward in place of FCP & AVID.

Almost certainly Resolve will become the grading tool of choice for most in the industry who were using Apple Color unless Colorista takes off while everything is in flux.

No one really knows how things will shake down but what we do know is it won't be the status quo.

--
Steadicam & Camera Operator

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]