APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX vs PPro CC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: FCPX vs PPro CC
on Oct 28, 2014 at 9:42:34 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Oct 28, 2014 at 10:48:05 am

[martin dugard] "many moved to PPro (or Avid)."

To this day I am waiting for that to be substantiated in any way. Based on nothing but hearsay and anecdotal "evidence" at best imho. There is no factual data that I am familiar with that could back that up. I'm sure some moved here, others there (as they always have btw, depending on their needs) others not at all.

I don't understand the question or its practical relevance either. In the end, the only person that can in fact tell you if FCP X (or any other NLE) is for you, is... you. There is a 30 day, fully functional trial of every major NLE. Learning the basics and seeing which "clicks" with you only costs you some time. No judgement is better than actual objective judgement. If I were to tell you that FCP or PPro or Avid or Vegas or iMovie was the best NLE on the planet, bar none... how could you possibly know that that is true (for you) either way otherwise?

[martin dugard] "Is the production world still mainly FCP?"

No idea how anyone is going to verify that for you either way. The only question is which NLE is in any way relevant to you in the context of your market and clients. Therefore you're asking all the wrong questions imho. Any and all NLEs have their strengths and weaknesses. The question isn't which those are, but which are in any way relevant to you and your work. And I'm guessing no one here knows that other than you.

[martin dugard] "are there any reasons why I should go PPro rather than FCP?"

You tell us. The relevant variables for answering that question one way or the other are massive. I personally favor making decisions based on personal needs and actual experience. I prefer not to have others dictate it to me or rely on (rarely unbiased) personal opinion, other than maybe in the context of my own.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]