APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX vs PPro CC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: FCPX vs PPro CC
on Oct 28, 2014 at 1:31:55 am

[Loren Risker] "And I'm not sure how premiere handles this off the top of my head, but I like how you can make adjustments to the multicam at any time and it carries through all the edits.

Mostly, I find it's just faster to go from unsynced footage to camera switching in the timeline with fewer keystrokes. Unless it has been significantly improved in the latest CC version."

What version of PPro did you last use multicam in? I didn't use it in CS6 (PPro version 6) but in CC 2013 and CC 2014 making a multicam is dead simple. Highlight all the clips you need, right click, select Make Multicam, pick your settings (sync by TC, Audio, etc.,) and away you go. I'll do 200-300 pieces of media at a time (3 camera shoot plus second system sound) and PPro will sync up a 5-6 hour shoot day in 15 minutes or so. I also mix and match various frame rates and frame without a problem.

Multicam in PPro is a nested sequence so you can make adjustments to it at any time and those adjustments will carry through all the edits too.

I haven't used X but it sounds like PPro and X handle multicam in a very similar fashion. Much quicker and user friendly than creating Multicam in FCP Legacy and Avid.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]