APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX vs PPro CC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX vs PPro CC
on Oct 28, 2014 at 12:41:03 am

[Bill Davis] "It very well be taking place inside a particular strata, a media approach, a type of specific network or inside a type of workflow, but I know lots and lots of X editors who cut on stuff with lots of content and appear not to face this. "

As I said, YMMV. If you scan through various threads here, there are plenty of folks experiencing the same issues. I happen to have hit it again this past week. 2011 12-core Mac Pro, 32GB RAM, ATI5870 card. 1,000 clips - mainly ProRes - on a SAN. About 3TB of media total for a 2min. piece.

When I'm rocking' and rollin' in the edit - slam a few clips to the timeline and back it up to play through, I expect the darn video to play. I don't expect it to freeze, stutter, etc. Usually, it takes a couple of attempts to back up the timeline and play through it. That's what X does for me on virtually every project and every machine I've used it on. Note that the same condition on the same hardware as a matter of fact, did not do this on FCP 7.

For me, X has a lot of wonderful features, but top timeline performance isn't one of them. But I'm a keyboard editor and try not to rely on the mouse to operate the software, so I have very little tolerance for this stuff. Especially after 3 years in the wild.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]