APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX vs PPro CC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX vs PPro CC
on Oct 28, 2014 at 12:05:42 am

I'm all over a wide range of FCP X boards and this does NOT seem a universal experience across the very wide swath of X editors or projects, Oliver.

It very well be taking place inside a particular strata, a media approach, a type of specific network or inside a type of workflow, but I know lots and lots of X editors who cut on stuff with lots of content and appear not to face this. For instance, the recent features on the TED productionr trial that ended up with that team choosing X over Premier - or the similar assessment at BBC News also had no reports of X having bouts of slowdown and constant reboot requirements. I doubt those decisions would have gone the way they did if this was a constant thing.

Not saying there are no issues. NLEs always have issues. Just saying any such appear to be similar to anecdotal word we get right here on the Cow about people having workflow issues with AVID, Vegas, or any other NLE.

Right now I'm watching very closely the rollout of Yosemite across the FCP X communities, and it appears to be even more stable than Mavericks,. How will that fundamental change affect PProCC stability. Hopefully, not at all. Perhaps it will improve some things and stress others. Only time tells.

My 2cents, anyway.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]