APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX vs PPro CC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Loren Risker
Re: FCPX vs PPro CC
on Oct 27, 2014 at 9:29:51 pm

I work in both. Right now I've been in Premiere exclusively for the last couple of months. I've finished projects in both, organized in both, lost projects due to corruption in both, recovered from corruption in both, crashed in both, and gotten paid using both. I miss features and short cuts from whichever one I'm not using, and I both hate tracks and find them very useful at times.

I personally strongly prefer FCPX. For me the 2 most important functions in editing are organizing footage and arranging it. FCPX is faster and more efficient at both of these tasks. I don't do a lot of animation and I use neither for serious color correction or audio work.

I primarily do documentary style. I also get a lot of multicam footage, which FCPX is a lot better at.

I would prefer premiere if I had a less powerful system, or I was going to use a lot of After Effects. I would strongly consider it for projects with lots of compositing/green screen work. Otherwise I would use FCPX, even for collaborative projects.

I don't have a good memory for complicated keyboard shortcut combos. I find I am able to use the mouse less with FCPX.

Hope this helps!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]