APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Compressor 4 transcodes GoPro 3+ Black Footage with freeze frames??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Anthony Huang
Compressor 4 transcodes GoPro 3+ Black Footage with freeze frames??
on Oct 27, 2014 at 4:04:07 am

I've received a final batch of GoPro Hero 3+ Black footage (1080p, 23.98) for a documentary, and I'm trying to transcode to an editable format.

Traditionally I've done Apple ProRes Proxy for offline editing.

However, for the first time, without any prior changes in my system, when I previewed the file in Compressor 4's Preview window, every third frame freezes! Previous batches of GoPro footage from production still transcode just fine, just something about this last batch is making Compressor wonky.

I did check my Compressor settings. Frame rate is set to current, and frame controls are off. I did try to force the frame rate, but that didn't resolve the issue.

The raw files seem and play just fine, and transocded offline variants don't have the freeze frame glitch when I transcode in QT7, MPEG Streamclip, and Adobe CS6 Media Encoder. It's only in Compressor 3, and 4, that the file is somehow interpretted and transcribed incorrectly so that the end result has the freeze frames.

I've tried clearing Compressor preferences, updating ProApps Codecs to 1.0.5, reinstalling Compressor 4 and QT7.6.6, and so far no luck. I'd love to use the other mentioned programs, but Compressor is currently the only one fast enough to process the huge amount of footage I have in the timeframe I need.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm all out of ideas!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]