APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 7:34:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "You see, this is really hard to get across, but with trackless or Roles, or whatever you want to call it, you don't have to rearrange the timeline to get different output results. You simply reshuffle the information to way that suits the output. It's pretty nice like that."

Although I haven't used X I understand what you are saying. My point is that even if FCP X takes less effort it still takes some effort and for many people some effort is still too much effort. ;) Like the AE example of getting Pre-comp 1, Pre-comp 2, Pre-comp 3, etc.,. If someone is too lazy to uniquely name a file they are too lazy to create Roles and assign them.

With regards to rearranging the timeline, I might be misunderstanding you, but in FCP 7 (and I believe Avid and PPro as well) you don't have to rearrange what's in the timeline to get different output results. For example, in FCP 7 you can map the timeline track to be whatever audio output track you want it to be (i.e. Track 1 in the timeline can be mapped to be Track 4 on output).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]