APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 6:22:51 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "You see, this is really hard to get across, but with trackless or Roles, or whatever you want to call it, you don't have to rearrange the timeline to get different output results. You simply reshuffle the information to way that suits the output. It's pretty nice like that."

I honestly feel this way about the timeline in general. I agree that some sort of visual cues (other than clip names) like color coding would be great. And I also wouldn't mind being able to group roles, as long as i could turn it off. I'm honestly not sure this would work well at all with multichannel/multi-Role sources. The "solutions people are offering are a kludge...

I do organize the X timeline in a "traditional" way where possible (DIA/VO more or less at the top, FX more or less in the middle, MX at the bottom) but because of the way the timeline/timeline index work, I don't care if things get a little intermingled. And It's really easy to separate things if I want with secondaries or a silent audio slug. FWIW, I didn't feel this way at all when I first started cutting in X, but I'm used to it now and it's perfectly fine. Again, Role colors, (and audio Role bussing of some sort) would be nice...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]