APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 6:10:56 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Being lazy, ignorant and/or just plain unorganized makes other people's jobs significantly harder and it's just incredibly rude and unprofessional to pass the burden onto someone else like that."

Then I take it you don't get other people's After Effects project all that much? :)

I hear you, I like to stay organized too. I think by default, X's timeline organization is completely different than say, a track based program. And Apps like X2Pro, can organize the information from an unorganized person (potentially) better than a track translation. And even if you have to assign roles first, that can be a lot easier with the timeline index, rather than trying to go through a tracked timeline clip by clip and organizing the tracks that way.

You see, this is really hard to get across, but with trackless or Roles, or whatever you want to call it, you don't have to rearrange the timeline to get different output results. You simply reshuffle the information to way that suits the output. It's pretty nice like that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]