APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:46:15 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "If the mixer Charlie uses rarely gets organized timelines that's not an NLE shortcoming, that's an editor being unprofessional shortcoming. If you hadn't guessed, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine."

FWIW, it's not just one mixer, it's guys and gals at most of the post audio places in town. (LA) Trailers tend to be better organized, but when people are cranking out spots, all bets are off.

I also share your pet peeve, if for no other reason than I used to be a mixer and had to deal with it. Back in the dark ages of elements coming in on DAT with 2 pops or DA-88's or something, I think people were more careful, because they had to be. Now it's "here's the AAF, you deal with it." Another pet peeve of mine is layering 10 stereo effects or more when 3 or 4 would have done. I've deleted more superfluous tracks from preps than I can remember. And I say superfluous because, when the mix was done, nobody ever noticed. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]