APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:34:35 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "I think that might be more indicative of the level of professionalism and/or experience of the other editors rather than the software used. I've seen some ugly organization on very simple timelines so it's obvious that the editor either doesn't give a crap or, through inexperience, doesn't realize how much work it is for the mixer to sort everything out later."

I think it's probably way more likely for people to do proper preps in scripted, and maybe agency-type advertising. And again, I'm not saying everybody does this at all. I keep stuff organized as much as I can as I cut, and then make it all nice when it goes to finish. So do folks I work with.

But, in talking to mixers, they get a lot of stuff that's a god-awful mess. And not just from inexperienced editors. I think there's more "not my problem" attitudes out there than in the past. And, at least in smaller places that do what I do, maybe less people who are strictly post supervisors. All anecdotal of course...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]