APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 3:54:53 pm

[Charlie Austin] "It most certainly is not. I've gotten compliments from mixers on the track organization of stuff I've sent to finish. These guys get stuff from MC, and 7 all day every day, and most of it is completely disorganized because you have to do it manually. These days, very few people bother anymore, so mixers spend the first part of the session cleaning stuff up. "

I think that might be more indicative of the level of professionalism and/or experience of the other editors rather than the software used. I've seen some ugly organization on very simple timelines so it's obvious that the editor either doesn't give a crap or, through inexperience, doesn't realize how much work it is for the mixer to sort everything out later. Either way, I'm someone is too lazy or ignorant to keep even the most basic of edit organized I doubt they would bother to use Roles either (assuming they even know what Roles were).

Every TV show and post house I've worked at had strict track assignments that every editor followed. The Post Sups certainly enforced the rules because having a mixer waste time cleaning up after a lazy editor was just money pissed away. The times I typically encounter lazy organization is either on independent projects or web-centric work. Typically these types of projects are done by self-taught people that have limited, if any, broadcast or collaborative workflow experience so they just kinda do whatever because they don't know any better.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]