APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 8, 2014 at 3:20:35 pm

[Bill Davis] "Sort by name and what are you left with? ABC 0001A (the audio file) and ABC 0001B (the video file) adjacent to each other in the list view and ready to make a Synchronized File out of.

This is what databases DO.

I still don't see the big deal here."

It's not always that simple, especially when other people rely on the logged file names (not the names made in X), and sometimes, many times, the files aren't in sequential order by name, or date. I take it you've never had to deal with a big wad of files that don't exactly line up.

Also, you don't have to convince me of the merits of FCPX.

I'm not the one raising the issue. I am also not one of the people who is in this forum that "trashes" X. I use X every day, and finally, with the library system, we have employed FCPX across all editors here.

I also don't live in Europe, and I speak about these things in a very public forum and not on private message groups. If I did speak about things in private, I'd keep it that way.

I constantly weigh the pros and cons of X and find valuable information on this board, and I use X everyday, and plan on using it until it doesn't make sense anymore.

I have no idea what an "insider's mess" is, and I don't know why this forum is belittled as such, and it's weird that you would say eyeballs have largely moved elsewhere when you don't even realize when people come to "trash" X there are also people that describe, sometimes in great detail, some of the mertis of FCPX, including this thread.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]