APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 7, 2014 at 1:41:10 am

[Bill Davis] "Huh?

So FXP X or not .. Fine to Bring up Premier or other NLEs.

But Adobe CC or not ... can't talk other NLEs only "business models" ???"

I'm not sure what's so confusing. It's a debate forum centered around Adobe Creative Cloud and the change in business model that it introduced. FCP X or Not is a debate forum centered around the change that FCP X introduced. Look at other threads in the Adobe CC debate forum and you'll find mention of Smoke, Avid, Resolve, Lightworks and even FCP X but it's all within the context of the business model being employed. Subscription only, perpetual license only, subscription or perpetual license, free/low cost as long as you buy first party hardware, etc.,.

Just look at the recent forum topic in the Adobe CC debate forum:
How moving to subscription only has impact Adobe's quarterly numbers.
A he said/she said SNAFU where students thought they had perpetual licenses to their software but Adobe and the University are saying they only had temp licenses.
How subscription only software can change the playing field for small shops.
Blackmagic buying Eyeon Fusion (and if it will get the same price drop and free version like Resolve).
A thread called "The modern corporation".

I've got it turned on to the 3-month view and while they are a handful of threads about specific pieces of software the vast majority of threads are more business-centric.

[Bill Davis] "So I'm gonna kinda call FOUL on requiring them to be treated different - when they're really NOT."

Um, okay, you can do whatever you want but individual forums are kinda self correcting which you've already experienced apparently. If the community at large thinks something is too OT they'll say so, ignore the thread and/or ask the thread to be moved to a more appropriate forum.

For example, this very topic (PPro being used on Gone Girl) was posted in the Adobe CC Debate forum too and not a single person has replied to it. And I'm not surprised because it's not the type of thing that typically gets the regulars over there talking.

[Bill Davis] "Fair is fair. And if OR NOT means Adobe discussions in X forums, then OR NOT kinda has to suppose that X discussions in Adobe Forums are fair too. (I'm pretty sure this all falls under the transitive property of equality - but I was sick that week in High School, so I might be wrong about that. )"

So you want to troll Adobe forums with unrelated FCP X posts just because you are upset that NLEs other than FCP X are being talked about in a forum that was created for people to debate the merits of various NLEs? Knock yourself out man and post whatever you want wherever you want but don't be surprised if you hear crickets while talking about football in a baseball forum (hey, sports are sports, right).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]