APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 7, 2014 at 1:21:21 am

[Michael Aranyshev] "I frankly have no idea. I'll probably have to go through all clips naming individual tracks and muting all except the production mix. Charge the producer an extra week or two. T"

I would emplore you to take another look at how to do this in X. It does not take a week to turn audio components on and off. It's so easy in X and you don't have to rearrange the timeline to get a separate mix out.

If you had 1000 clips that were matching audio channels, you can name each audio channel at once.

You select all 1000 clips, command-4, click audio tab, name channel 1, name channel 2...channel 4. Done.

Those names will now follow those clips around until you change them.

If you assigned Roles/Subroles, you could eve assign exactly what channels make it out of the export, or do many different audio configs from the timeline.

You can also mute Roles/Subroles in the index or in the inspector. It does look like a track based system, but all of the capabilities you are talking about are possible in X. Sync n Link makes it even easier.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]