APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 6, 2014 at 11:33:49 pm

[Bill Davis] "Bottom line. This is a debate place, or it's not. "

And indeed, this has been a place for healthy debate for 19 years.

The only two things I said were beyond the scope of reasonable debate are that a tiny handful of people who used to post here are gone (which is true), or that it reflects any kind of general exodus (false), or any significant reduction of the relevance of Creative COW as part of a rounded diet of FCPX-ness web-wide (likewise, false).

My comments about 2011 were in response to Gary's riposte, which I took as no more than playful. But in stating the general calm now now, I felt it would be disingenuous of me to fail to acknowledge that things were in fact a bit of a zoo here at the time.

It was a reasonable point of reference. Somebody who bailed a while back necessarily has a false view of the current state of things. FCPX has changed, and so have we.

Perhaps for some people, neither has changed enough. LOL That's one thing. To extrapolate from a handful of people to "PEOPLE" is another, especially when the number of PEOPLE coming here is growing so much.

I certainly apologize for the suggestion that YOU used the word dicks or anything of the sort. I never thought that you did. Absolutely not. That was all me.

It was my obviously misguided attempt to keep a playful vibe moving forward for that part of the conversation, acknowledging that I'm sometimes as bad about stirring things up here as anyone else. Being a dick and all. LOL Which I know I can be.

The rest, I was fully serious about.

I'm flabbergasted by the suggestion that I'm shuttering debate because I'm unwilling to let a baseless canard ABOUT the COW stand unchallenged IN the COW. My response was solely to falsehoods that didn't exist here until you brought them unbidden.

I don't care if it was quoted by you from sacred scrolls or from a bathroom wall. Bring bad information about the COW into the COW, and I will refute it.

For the rest, play on.

As we veer further off topic on this, I've said my piece. I'll let anyone else who wishes to have the final word do so. I heartily invite anyone who's interested to engage me further to contact me directly. I always love hearing from people actually doing work, rather than people like me who mostly just talk about it. LOL

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]