APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 6, 2014 at 10:34:43 pm

[Neil Goodman] "thats a little bit of an exaggeration no? I see plenty of people going to bat for FCP X here and the flat out "it sucks" comments havent been around for ages."

On that private board, the discussion about this board had been seen for a long time as a place for "insiders," and had a lasting impression of a place where anything positive said about X would be belittled by a very vocal core of those who were either negative or simply dismissive of the program.

Again, I'm reporting what I read. I defended this board since I've always enjoyed the "robust" debate here.

For years, there were only a small handful of those of us here who argued FOR the software.

And even today, THIS FCP X board is as likely to see posts about Premier Pro as about X. Even tho three's a host of boards dedicated to Adobe offerings and they're clearly a significant board sponsor. Yet when I go to the Premier Pro boards (including it's "Or Not. variant" - and talk about FCP X. It appears to ruffle feathers.

Such is life, I guess.

I'm probably woefully politically insensitive about all this stuff. I just enjoy robust debate, my goal is NOT to cause trouble. Ever. It's not in my nature. I like sparring, but when blood shows, I happily back off. So I'll let this cool for a while before I pop up again. And see how things sit.

And so it goes.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]