APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 6, 2014 at 10:18:57 pm

[Tim Wilson] "Anybody who comes into Creative COW belittling its place in the world can expect a strong response, ESPECIALLY when it's absolutely, flatly, objectively wrong. It's silly to expect anything else.

Frankly, it's just plain rude posting how poorly we're regarded by the TRUE faithful, because of course the TRUE faithful have already left."

I was REPORTING things said about this forum in another, private one. Reporting involves taking something and reflecting it accurately. That's what I did. If people here have no interest in what's said elsewhere, fine. Personally, I find it useful to hear criticism because I've been taught it represents the MOST valuable feedback any individual or operation can get.

My post in that "other forum" was in response to someone wondering "how they survive" (Meaning this board, specifically) - and discussing the names of some of the higher profile folks in the FCP X community who no longer participate in the Cow Forums - figuring it might provide a tiny insight into how some other communities view what happens here. Plus, you'll notice I'm defending the cows success with metrics, not "belittling" it in ANY sense ---

I wrote there: "Creative Cow is among the top 5000 most visited sites with a quite powerful 4,521 Alexa ranking. Participate or not, (referring to the complaining poster) the Cow has a formula that attracts a LOT of global eyeballs."

I was arguing In Favor of Cow participation for that individual. Hardly the stance of someone who "belittles" something.

Next, Tim, my "bunch of dicks" comment was in another forum and applied to corporate behavior - NOT to individuals.

I did NOT call anyone at that company (with the arguable implied exception of the Executive team!) and certainly no-one at the Cow "a dick." In fact, every single time I take a certain revenue model to task, I'm scrupulously careful NOT to imply that this reflects on individuals other than those in the Executive Suite who make corporate policy. And golly, they can surely take some criticism in exchange for their astonishing salaries and stock options. If I'm mistaken about my separating the people from the company, I'll make a public apology in an instant.

Bottom line. This is a debate place, or it's not.

You're in charge, Tim.

So it's your call to make.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]