APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: Cutting a major Hollywood Feature on FCPX
on Oct 6, 2014 at 6:52:05 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "The "debate" is over and this forum has become more about entertainment than about real usable information."

This forum was NEVER about usable information. I was always shocked at the amount of usable information here. LOL Entirely by accident, and never our intent. This is a DEBATE forum.

For getting actual work done, we have the FCPX Techniques forum, and it is indeed one of our most popular. We also have a tremendous amount of FCPX-related discussion in other forums that touch on FCPX for other parts of workflow, including Resolve, After Effects, camera forums and others.

[Gary Huff] "Hey Bill, 2011 called, it wants its putdowns back."

Thank you. I couldn't have put it better. LOL

Just for grins, I thought I'd check our numbers for this summer, vs. the summer of 2011.

I know that you geezers will remember the chaos of those days. It was overwhelming. On Day Zero, June 21 2011, we had 12-15 posts going up every MINUTE. Absolutely staggering. Over 500,000 page views on that single day.

I haven't counted today, but I believe that the pace of posting in this forum is now somewhat less than one every 4 seconds.

But the argument is that PEOPLE have abandoned us. So, what's the number of PEOPLE in the summer of 2014, vs. the summer of 2011?

The number of PEOPLE coming here is UP by 37%!

Now, when I say "up 37%," what am I talking about?

Over 1.8 million unique people every month.

A number of individuals have obviously, and in some cases, quite loudly, shifted their online energies elsewhere. Not a debate.

But I don't want to hear for a single second that "people" "no longer" views us as a -- if not the single biggest -- center of gravity for FCPX information and conversation. Likewise, not a debate.

Not that we've ever needed even vaguely debatable topics to have a debate. LOL

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]