APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:25:55 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Bad idea? Not really. What Millennial does not want free music?"

I don't think the free part was the bad part. The bad part was how it was added to everyone's account and then pushed to people's devices (assuming the devices were setup for auto-download). It's a glaring reminder that we, the users, do not control the devices that have become central to our first world lives and that's the underlying cause of the uproar. Apple, Amazon, Google, etc., can add/remove content at will and even brick our devices but there's an unwritten agreement, some sort of technological don't ask/don't tell, that was violated here. Don't overtly control my device and I'll pretended not to know that you can overtly control my device.

Give all iTunes users a link (or code) to get the album for free and everything would've gone swimmingly. By pushing unrequested content onto users' Apple poke a hornets nest that is still buzzing over device and cloud security concerns. Just a really tone deaf move, IMO.

Would I be happy if Domino's sent me a coupon for a free pizza? Yes. Would I be happy if the Domino's guy snuck into my house without my knowledge and left a free pizza I didn't ask for on my kitchen table? No.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]