APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James Ewart
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 17, 2014 at 3:06:42 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Sep 17, 2014 at 3:30:02 pm

"That's the one thing they got right: easily the most successfully marketed software launch in company history."

If you go by the saying that all publicity is good publicity you would be right but that idiom just isn't true. Yes it was being talked about but the context was almost entirely negative and the software is tarnished by its terrible launch (and marketing of the launch) to this day.

I don't see how you can all that successful. "Newsworthy" maybe. But that does not equate to successful marketing.

It would have been much better to have been totally transparent about its state of development from a marketing point of view. The result of failing to do so was to disenfranchise very loyal customers.
The only honest thing was Larry Jordan letting it slip that "the software is not ready for professional use" at the seminar. Nothing in the marketing material of equal honesty if I recall correctly

I wonder how many Premiere users switched in the year to two years since FCPX launched? Or to Avid. To many it was a knee jerk reaction. The professional community started thinking Apple had turned its back on them. Clearer more effective transparent marketing could have prevented that.

Then Adobe stepped in and offered half price to anybody moving over from FCP7. Now I think that WAS good marketing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]