APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 16, 2014 at 10:07:09 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Not really, been under deadlines. I don't need the nitty gritty but in broad strokes what does X get you w/regards to growing files that you can't already get when working w/growing files in Avid, PPro (or even FCP7)?"

I'm ignorant of the fact that those programs do that.

They actually allow the editor to mark and work with a stream of incoming content WHILE the files are actively growing? I thought that traditional NLEs required both beginning AND end of file markers to be in place before they'd consider a clip to be importable. Am I mistaken?

[Andrew Kimery] "For example, the increasing number of web videos hasn't led to a proportional decrease in the number of TV shows."

No, but it HAS led to a general downtrend in the ratings for those TV shows. Eyeballs are eyeballs, and they're not watching your prime time drama if they're glued to an iPad game.

Which in turn begs the question as to how many eyeballs it takes for success in the new model compared to the old.

Narrowcast verses broadcast. And that IS changing.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]