APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 16, 2014 at 9:55:27 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "on some level there has to be kremlinology around the removal. A lot of senior people have to be happy in order for that to go: basically why remove those few words?"

Nope. I've been in high level boardrooms and have seen this kind of sausage being made.

It could just as easily have been:

Bigger Boss: "Hey Carol, we want to revise our corporate statement to include the iWatch - but lets try to keep the statement roughly the same length."

Wordsmith involved: "Okay, I'll draft something we can kick around. Is there something you want to come out so that I can fit the new language in?"

BB: "No, you're the writer, start with what you think works and we'll have time to massage it before we run it by the executive committee."

LATER:

Wordsmith: "I had to drop a few things including the ProApps reference for space, is everybody going to be OK with that?

BB: "Yeah, probably, the other stuff is more critical and ProApps is doing fine. Heck, FCP X has already sold enough to support the entire ProApps development budget for like 100 years, so it can just cruise along. No worries. "

And so it goes.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]