APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Herd
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 16, 2014 at 9:14:34 pm
Last Edited By Richard Herd on Sep 16, 2014 at 9:17:11 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "ThB vs Fibre thing"

I imagine the financing and accounting departments ditched the project as having too low of return, and that is a different point of view than, say, selling units, or being techno-advance (even if it's branding only from Apple *coughing in my fist: HP*). If a unit costs $1 to make and you sell it for $100, then that's a business you want to keep. But if a unit costs $1 to make and you sell it for -- what? 5% margin, 10% margin -- what is that Apple number? -- well they will ditch it.

Looking at storage for iTunes, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Pro Apps, Apple has to figure folks have to store their stuff somewhere and access it remotely (I think that's Bill's point).

That does not mean I cannot create my own cloud SAN, and I hope Apple makes the thing that competes with Drobo. OR is it reasonable to believe they will make iCloud.com storage stuffs?

To my eyes, there seems to be an obvious market in that prosumer area for Drobo-like SAN (photographers, graphic designers, musicians, video...there are many people here).

EDIT to add a detail: Today when I downloaded the free U2 album from iTunes, I logged on to my iTunes account and it downloaded to my authorized computer at work. Even we assume the iCloud.com storage would expand, it still (at least currently) means the media has to play from a local machine. To change that means to change the EULA, I believe. It would make the media "radio" and not "licensed."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]