APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 16, 2014 at 7:54:35 pm

[Bill Davis] "Have you not been following the IBC stuff about how FCP X is starting to really develop in the "growing content" realm? The EVS and Softron announcements were particularly transformative.

To me, that's a HUGE potential future path to monster success for X. "

Not really, been under deadlines. I don't need the nitty gritty but in broad strokes what does X get you w/regards to growing files that you can't already get when working w/growing files in Avid, PPro (or even FCP7)?

[Bill Davis] "Not to say X can't play just as well in the sit and edit realm, but there's a lot more to "collaborative workflows" than just the hollywood movie style gig. "

There is. I've worked on a lot of web content that certainly could've used a more effective collaborative workflow than the sneaker net model, but budgets are budgets. Anything involving more than one person can be improved by establishing a standardized workflow and anything involving more than one person need access to the footage can be improved by a standardized workflow centered around shared storage (and even more improved when using software that's designed to for multiuser environments).

[Bill Davis] "Again, the more important question might actually still be what is the whole industry moving towards. Not just "how can we do what we're traditionally been doing - but better.""

What's this "whole industry" you speak of? ;) I think various parts of the industry are expanding and contracting but I don't think anything as a whole is "moving" (which to me implies a fixed situation where as B gets bigger A gets smaller by the same amount). For example, the increasing number of web videos hasn't led to a proportional decrease in the number of TV shows.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]