APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Moore
Re: Apple drops ProApps from corporate definition
on Sep 15, 2014 at 10:45:12 pm
Last Edited By Marcus Moore on Sep 15, 2014 at 10:49:49 pm

Much hay will me made, I'm sure...

The statement is geared towards the most public face for the company- proportionally ProApps is a smaller piece of the pie as the pie gets larger.

But I think there's a circular logic that keeps Apple in ProApps, pretty much the same one that got them into it in the first place. Even though Mac marketshare has grown substantially since I first started using them in the mid-90s, as still a "minority player", they're probably still worried that without Apple exclusive apps, they're at the mercy of 3rd parties like Adobe and AVID in terms of support.

APERTURE is migrating to PHOTOS, and we'll have to see how that all shakes out.

To my understanding LOGIC still holds the same strong post-audio market position it always has, not suffering the same "X" stumble Final Cut went thru...

and FCP X, I think, is well past the depths of the X transition and is now on regaining some marketshare as Legacy support and mindshare continues to erode.

* EDITED TO ADD- MOTION which has been my go-to motion graphics application for going on 3 years now, holds A LOT of untapped potential. I think many editors who feel they NEED AE could probably get along just fine with Motion even with only it's existing feature set. In much the same way that programs like Acorn or Pixelmator are capitalizing on the umbrella under CC subscriptions to build marketshare.

We have seen changes in the public face of Apple in the last year or so- how it communicates and handles information. I would like to see a return to the mid-00's ProApps marketing- where they get out there in public more. Participate. And although I know Apple is very stingy with public facing events, nothing would please me more than ProApps oriented live-stream events to announce new releases or updates.

In short, a company as large and profitable as Apple should have no problem walking and chewing gum at the same time for as long as it chooses to.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]