APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output
on Aug 30, 2014 at 11:17:46 am

[Oliver Peters] "I absolutely fault FCP X with this, because Apple has chosen to create a new, non-standard export format (FCPXML) instead of anything that is commonly used. It's a neat little way of washing their hands of any problems"

Hi Oliver -

I can see your frustrations! Another point of curiosity. I like to avoid going to multiple systems as much as possible, to the point where it has influence in the workflow and tools. I had a gig with a producer a couple months ago that I wanted to use X for but some work had previously been in 7, so I felt it was safer just to stay there. Maybe I am off-base, but, like my project timelines/sequences, I try to keep my workflow as simple as possible. Why force an issue?

Knowing that you needed OMF's (which admittedly I have not supplied to an audio house in years), why did you start in X and not simply use FCP7?

However, today I start on a project with hundreds of DSLR clips to sync. If I get audio problems, I will be cursing right there with you! :-)

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]