APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output
on Aug 30, 2014 at 8:59:57 am

Oliver,

Did you consider that Apple likely uses a "non standard XML" because FCP X itself is a "non standard" NLE?
And evolution was a core design goal? Apples engineering team is often surprising, but when they change things, it usually turns out there is an underlying reason.

And un the case of X XML if it can't evolve to incorporate new ideas, what good is it?

It seems that overall, teams like the Grants at BlackMagic can parse present day FCPX XML pretty successfully, after all.

It's clear you have robust needs that go beyond most users in your work for multiple types of clients. So I appreciate your frustration when X doesn't always do everything you need. But I still don't think that justifies the type of alarmist tone of your original thread title.

If it turns out that there is actually some big reproducible flaw in how X works that creates widespread grief in the user community, I'll be back promptly to apologise.

But I honestly dont think thats how the thread developed, so it can be argued that we're left with a persistent thread title that is, at best, overblown.

That won't stop the world. But it's also not what I usually expect from your typically more reasoned postings.

Simple as that.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]