APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output
on Aug 29, 2014 at 7:40:00 pm

[Bill Davis] "Do you stand by the fact that - X itself destroyed audio edits in your XML output?"

I'm still quite comfortable with it. Actually, if you re-read your original post, you were talking about destroying audio, not audio edits. I'm glad you clarified that, as that's what I was talking about.

As a matter of fact, I'm still wrestling with a 10 min. short that is not exporting correctly into any of the possible apps. I'm taking a file home to check it in Logic, but right now it only export with one of two audio channels using Resolve. Not right at all through Xto7. So while part of the issues I brought up appear to have been solved by direct import into Resolve, that isn't universally true.

I absolutely fault FCP X with this, because Apple has chosen to create a new, non-standard export format (FCPXML) instead of anything that is commonly used. It's a neat little way of washing their hands of any problems.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]