APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
FCP X destroying audio edits in XML output
on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:04:44 am

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've now seen this on every project I've worked on using 3 different unrelated systems. This includes projects converted from 10.1.2 to 10.1.3, as well as started from scratch in 10.1.3.

I'll edit an audio track in FCP X using connected clips. Sources are AIF or WAV or detached audio from a video file. I'll tweak as needed and add fade handles. When I export an FCPXML to convert and send to another program, the audio edits are completely destroyed. This includes XML conversion and bringing it into FCP 7 or a DAW or converting AAF. No difference. The results are audio clips that are upcut and/or cut short (probably where the fade handles were). But some are the wrong portion of the clip. In one project (a 10 min. teaser video) some files are completely clipped, except for a few frames.

The bottom line is that I have been completely unable for several projects to export any sort of functional file to hand off to an audio editor/mixer. Everything sounds and looks fine inside FCP X. And I can successfully export stems using roles, but then my work is baked in, which is NEVER what you ideally want to do. I can't believe that I'm the only one this is happening to. It was fine prior to 10.1.2. Thoughts?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]