APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

My FCP X and Resolve workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Mathis
My FCP X and Resolve workflow
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:32:58 am

Just thought I would share my Resolve and FCP X workflow, please feel free to join in.

Since the footage will be mainly raw, I would start out in Resolve, piece together a rough cut, do some trimming and such. From there export out as same resolution as original media in ProRes codec, usually 422 HQ, to keep file size down. Would then add a Rec 709 LUT to all clips prior to exporting. During the organizing process would create folders in the media pool based on the context of the project.

When finished over to X for the real edit, much faster to edit in there as there are no tracks. Then would export XML, jump back into Resolve for color grading pointing back to the original raw files.

Based on finishing needs I would output final from Resolve or jump back into X, using custom generators, transitions, effects and titles from Motion along with Red Giant Universe then output final from there unless another codec was needed then back to Resolve as necessary.

I am an avid user of FCP X!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]