APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Reed Black
Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:24:27 am

"I wish people wouldn't pass judgment until they really went through the program in detail. It's very different than FCP7 It's quite powerful despite its missing features, once you learn it."

I totally agree. Surprisingly, I was able to pick up the new timeline very, very fast. I was a bit confused why people were having problems with the magnetic timeline. I personally love it. But it can simply be turned off. So why all the complaints about it?

This is very, very easy to use, fast and smooth. It has all my main tools; JKL - I-in/O-out, blade tool, match source command (which can be mapped) and my favorite is the select tool. FCP7 - the "T" button. In this its a bit different and took a bit getting used to but I like it a lot. It really is a well thought out and very, very powerfully new approach to editing. The viewer (source window) I was bit annoyed by at first but after figuring out how to adjust it to my liking, I think its a very cleaver design. Look - we all know about FCPX's short comings and there are quite a few but overall as far as look and feel, features ease of use, I think its extremely powerful. And I do strongly believe Apple will add back all the features we miss. I see no benefit not to. They can have an app that's suits both the Pro's and prosumers.

Just my take.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]