APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is it all over?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Is it all over?
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:28:00 am

I still have to make DVDs/ Blurays for archives, funding bodies, fetival applications and sale. I don't like it as I also have to make the various files for master archiving (ProRes etc), web and now DCPs. So I seem to be just making more deliverables. Only thing that has changed is I rarely make digi beta or HDCam tape masters but still they are often on deliverable lists and still get made.

When I bought the HDCam deck seven years ago I knew I had to get five good years out of it to break even. I gambled and won. The digi beta has long been a winner after owning it for over ten years. The fact that I still need to support these basic broadcast formats is in spite of the hype broadcast technicians told me seven years ago that all deliverables would be digital files not tape within five years. So it seems entirely reasonable to predict a market for optical media that could last another ten years. Once again on this forum it shows that there is still a huge diversity of work flow and markets that we feed.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]