APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is it all over?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Is it all over?
on Jul 9, 2014 at 12:03:16 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "year for cringeworthy level file format rollbacks to the FCP7 model, that occupied the last two years...

then I say yes sir. (the general idea here is to poke a dead fire for controversy right?)"

I'll play.

So you have a stupid parking lot. You get money from it but it's just dirt and pavement. So you scrape it down the the ground, and instead of just leveling the dirt, you install a smart system with the capability of tracking data on who parks there, for how long, and you put in a parking database so that repete customers can avoid the hassle of fiddling with change. You can give an RFID token to your regulars so they don't have to mess around with coins.

THEN you re-surface it, paint one the lines and open for business. And your clients BITCH because essentially, what they see is the same asphalt and paint that they had before all the dust and inconvenience.

But you laugh, because the underlying work you put in is PRECISELY what will allow you to do a much better job of serving your customers over the coming years, leading to enhanced customer loyalty and whole new levels of service.

Of course, there's always the clueless bozo over in the corner saying "Dammit, I liked the OLD parking lot."

Who the hell uses all the new fangled sensors and reports.

While the parking lot owners see double digit percentage increases in total revenue because they can USE all the freaking data to actually improve their business.

And so it goes.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]