APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is the best NLE on the market

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: FCPX is the best NLE on the market
on May 28, 2014 at 5:06:57 pm

[Bill Davis] "The code base, top to bottom, is newer."

I'm not sure what this means. The overall design paradigm is unique for sure, but I doubt that it's code is newer than let's say Lightworks for OSX, which is just getting written this year.

It also begs the question - is newer code base a criterion for better? Does this mean if some new company, like Resolve, comes out with a fully operational NLE next year it will automatically be better than the then comparatively arthritic 4 year old code of X? Or better still, using this criterion the X of 3 years ago should be better than today's version because 3 years ago the code was definitely "newer" in all ways.

Beware the curse of chasing after the new, because everything once new now grows old. (for all you Paul Simon fans.)

[Bill Davis] "The software takes advantage of the latest Apple hardware and OS improvements, brilliantly."

As compared to Avid, Adobe and Lightworks that work on both OSX and Windows and can take advantage of a much larger set of hardware and software options.

[Bill Davis] "and it's simply more fun to use than other NLE programs. (Source: people I meet who have switched!)"

Ah yes, the fun criteria. Well there it is, that clinches it. Well done.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]