APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Callac
Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:07:12 pm

[David Lawrence] " The magnetic timeline is the biggest UI FAIL I've ever encountered.

Want to try something fun? Drop a clip on the timeline. Use the Position tool to move it - let's say 10 seconds on the timeline. Because maybe, just maybe, you want 10 seconds of black at the head of your show. Done that? Good. Now let's say you want to put a 1-second fade-up from black at the head of your clip. Click on the head of the clip and type command-T on the keyboard. Watch what happens. Can anyone explain WTF the thinking is here? Totally wrong behavior. Total UI FAIL.

I swear, the more things I try FCPX the more it pisses me off."

Not a UI fail.. a U fail/Default preference fail. Go into the preferences under editing and select apply transitions using "available media" rather than "full overlap". This will keep transitions from rippling.

This just illustrates a point that people who've already decided to hate FCPX totally give up once they've hit a wall and something doesn't work like "it should". Then they just claim that it doesn't work, rather than trying to figure it out.

-mattyc

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]