APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Porthouse
Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?
on May 11, 2014 at 12:42:11 pm

[alban egger] "Waveforms: do you have enough RAM ? 16 GBmin! And when you import clips FCPX takes a while "rendering" the waveforms, although the import is basically done. When you cancel X while this process is still working, then you might have your issue.

Beachballs: when I use a fast RAID I never see it. When I use FW800 drives they occur often."

Hi Alban, yes to the RAM - 20 gigs at the moment. It's not the rendering - its that skimming the clip plays audio that doesn't match the waveform under the skimmer at that moment. So I use skimming for fine audio edits - it's great tp be able to rock back and forth over audio slowly to get sub-frame accuracy. But there's a disconnect between what your seeing on screen (using the waveforms for a visual guide) and what's heard. It makes for a confusing experience until you learn what to trust (the waveforms NOT the audio)

Beachball wise - it's a Thunderbolt G-Raid so no issues there. It starts to get worse after 3 or 4 hours - move a clip in the timeline - beach ball. Raise volume - beach ball Basically any action will cause it - then it may be OK for 5 or 6 actions, then back again. Quit and restart seems to cure it for a while. I think it's doing something to the database and that's locking up X in the meantime. But that's just a guess.

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]