APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: On Faders and Mixing (NLEs are DAWs)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance Bachelder
Re: On Faders and Mixing (NLEs are DAWs)
on May 10, 2014 at 7:31:20 pm

Thanks Walter - you're right Vegas started as a DAW and Pro Tools competitor - Sonic Foundry added video capabilities in version 2 which is when I started using it. Vegas was the first NLE to have real-time dissolves and fades on picture (DV days). I think the only reason Vegas doesn't get its due is because its Windows only. I was already a FCP 1 user when I discovered Vegas and me and my Mac only buddies were floored by it at the time but they refused to use it because they thought Bill Gates was satan - truly. But the proginal programmers were all Windows gurus which is why Vegas was 10 years ahead on Pro Tools on many features.

I don't do much picture editing in Vegas anymore but I still mix everything I can with it. I still find it way faster than any other DAW and doing 5.1 mixes is a breeze. In the past I've cut and mixed many shows on it and being able to sound design, mix, cut picture and color time were huge. Unfortunately they've fallen way behind on real-time picture and none of the fx and plug-ins for picture have ever been improved, in fact, when they switched to OpenFX they redesigned many plug-ins and made them worse - strange...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]