APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter Ochs
Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?
on May 9, 2014 at 11:53:04 pm

[Jason Porthouse] "* Range tool utterly inaccurate when entering in and out points on the fly - for instance, I usually turn music tracks into secondaries so I can edit them and add dissolves - but try and mark a bar of a track using I & O in the range tool. Seemingly completely random placement. Same goes for clips in the browser."

Have to agree this is a MAJOR pet peeve. Marking I & O on the fly only marks ranges in the Primary Storyline. So if your music track is a Connected Clip (as they will be much of the time) then you're outta luck. There needs to be a way to mark IO on selected clips.

In general music editing is cumbersome in X. It's a shame with the advantage of subframe editing, but some of the current limitation of the magnetic timeline are problematic. Compounding the music edits is one work around. But then you have to "step in" to that every time you wanna edit the track. Seems clunky.

Let's hope Apple is listening to their Pro Developer Consultants. They have made great strides with each subsequent release. But it seems like it will be 10.2 or .3 before this baby is ready truly for PrimeTime.

Peter Ochs | Editor
MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM
FCP X 10.1.1
OSX 10.9.2

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]