APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Porthouse
Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?
on May 9, 2014 at 12:02:14 pm

I did wonder about the RAM - I might pull two sticks to see if it helps. Also I noticed a CUDA driver has installed itself (part of Resolve I believe) - could this be conflicting? Can't seem to find it to uninstall - and it renders (no pun intended) Resolve unusable - not that this matters particularly...

Try this on your systems too and see if the same behaviour happens:

Grade a shot. Then add another colour adjustment with a mask - pull the exposure just on the outside of the mask for a vignette. Then copy that colour attribute and paste it - if I do that I get a completely mangled grade on the next shot, centre almost black as if the grade's been reversed. So something's being corrupted in the translation from one to another.

It's not the biggest issue, and I think that the colour board can give some very nice looks far far quicker than Legacy 3-way, but it looks bad when you do it in front of a client and it's obviously corrupted. So I grade each individually if they have multiple adjustments and hope they don't notice I'm not cutting and pasting...

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]