APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?
on May 8, 2014 at 4:54:29 pm

IMHO, nobody's going to settle for image sequence workflows unless there's no other option.. And I think Apple gets that.
How is the editor going to leverage X's ranging and keywording if footage is all stored in image sequence bundles?
Or have those evolved beyond folders of discrete images like I'm accustomed to working with in the annimation arena? The grail in the labs has to be a video codec (or perhaps a "grading" ProRes extension) that preserves the latitude and deeper color that RAW stills have today - but in a motion stream.
At NAB 2013 at the Quantel booth, they were doing essentially real time deep color grading in multi 4k streams via flamethrower cards like the Covid Ultra. I've got to believe that as GPU power continues to increase we'll move in that direction. (more grading access within bundled streams.)
The market really wants it.
And that's always been Apple's brand. Simplify the human interface while still giving the user access to as much "deep power" as is practical. Or maybe the X "content pool switching" concept covers this? ProRes for editing, switch to "grading Rez" for CC? That would be interesting.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]