APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX UI instability- is it just me?
on May 8, 2014 at 12:20:04 am

[Oliver Peters] "The codec itself is unchanged and you cannot force a transcode to ProRes. FCP X sees the XF codec as optimized, once it's rewrapped."

Yes My bad for forgetting that issue from the two C-300 projects I shot and eddied last month. What solved the occasional "choppiness" of working with the "not really native re-wrapped MXF files" was working in X's superb Proxy mode.

I can seldom tell the difference between working in Proxy and Optimized when i'm making editing decisions - I can still do "frame parking" to look at a full rez of the underlying pictures - while the proxy files allows a VERY fast and fluid editing experience - even when editing on less than ideal hardware. It's so simple when the cut and all the processing decisions are done to swap out to Original Media and let X calculate the final Color Grading and compositing with the full rez files.

But you're right, I suspect Apple is counting on their continuing push for hardware acceleration to make it easier and easier to work with the slew of new larger file formats coming down the pike.

i bet the early CION and URSA adopters will have a bit of a rocky path in the early days as the engineers figure out how to unwrap, edit, grade and rewrap the coming variants of the newest 3.5, 4, and 5k streams.

The new chicken and egg issue. Hardware leading software until software jumps ahead of hardware - step and repute forever.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]