APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Godwin
Re: With FCPX magnetic timeline,the non-linear is linear again!
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:57:55 am

On a related note, I just managed to make a storyline / timeline with an animated background, a layer to appear behind the talent on the background, and the top layer is the talent on greenscreen. The key, btw, dropped right in and made a perfect key, as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure if I constructed this in the easiest or best way. I started with a middle layer, a video shot, then added the greenscreen layer over that, and evidently made a compound clip, which I could then place over the animated background. It all works and I can go in and do things (add titles, some effects and color correction - this is all for experimentation, not yet an actual piece) but in FCP 7 I'd start with the top layer, the greenscreen shot, and then add below it. Anyone have suggestions on how to best build something like this?

As an aside, I'm testing this on a MacBook Pro 2.6 core 2 duo with 4 gb of ram, and everything works, but it is stressing the machine and the fans are working like I've never heard them work. But it's all working, no crashes.

Best,
John

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]