APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Issues with FCPX, mac dustbin and anecdotal resolution

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Issues with FCPX, mac dustbin and anecdotal resolution
on Apr 17, 2014 at 9:10:56 am

I actually am very happy with FxFactory.

You just disable everything you don't use, and it's like an app store for plugins. Very easy. You buy them, just log-in with your account and they are there.

And the fact that you can try out all plugins with a watermark is fantastic. Good testing ground to see if the plugin does what you need it to do before buying.

I think, if I'm reading this thread correctly, that... software can always have trouble. Doing upgrades is always dangerous.

People here talk about an FCPX plugin, but also straight XML's, and BlackMagic Drivers, etc.
The truth is, you often just NEED those products.

We once had a Aja Io HD and the FCP 7 update, and those 2 would be very glitchy for about 6 months. You would update one, the other wouldn't work, etc. ...
I don't know if it is specifically an FCPX-issue, although relying on 3rd party products makes it maybe worse. On the other hand, for FCP7 we ultimately also had 3rd party products. Some 3rd party products are great and get updated very fast, others... not so.
Difficult to judge them equally.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]